... Faculty of Science and... ... University of... The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) is with its size of over 1300 staff members, 5000 students,...
Faculty of Science and EngineeringOrganisation
University of Groningen
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) is with its size of over 1300 staff members, 5000 students, and over 800 PhD students the largest faculty of the University of Groningen. The Undergraduate School of Science and Engineering (USSE) is within FSE responsible for the education in the bachelor programmes and for the implementation of faculty and university policy regarding students and educational development. The USSE is highly international and the main language in the organization in contacts with students and staff is English.Job description
As the Computer Science field is rapidly growing and diversifying, we aim to incorporate such developments into our undergraduate Computer Science programme. At the same time, our number of students continuously increases, which demands the introduction of highly scalable teaching instruments. Specifically, we are looking for a teacher who will develop, maintain, and deploy novel methods of education for various courses in Computer Science, making use of materials such as automated grading systems, online learning and practicing, interactive visual learning materials, video lecturing, and learning communities.
You will contribute to:
- the creation and delivery of new Computer Science courses and/or the refinement and modernization of existing ones
- lecturing, setting up lab materials (assignments, exercises, source code samples)
- setting up and implementing assessment materials (exams, assignments)
- recruitment, selection and management of teaching assistants
- supervision of students and teaching assistants on lab operations
- proposing research-oriented individual projects and supervising students who take them.
We seek candidates with:
- a PhD degree or a MSc degree in Computer Science
- experience in coding, setting up code projects, executing research-grade projects, and online/interactive material and tool creation
- teaching and organizational experience appropriate to the career stage
- excellent social and communicative skills.
- team players
- able to work independently and to take initiative
- fluent in English
- motivated and able to lecture on Computer Science topics
- stress resistant
- willing to fulfil the requirements for the University Teaching Qualification.
Contract length: 12 months.The University of Groningen offers, depending on experience, a salary of minimum € 3,475 and maximum € 4,757 (salary level 11 Dutch Universities) gross per month by a full-time appointment (UFO profile “docent 3”). The appointment is initially for a year with the possibility for a one year extension after a positive performance evaluation.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.