Groningen | Groningen | Fulltime (startersfunctie)
Faculty of Science and EngineeringOrganisation
University of Groningen
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines encourage currently more than 30.000 students and researchers to develop their individual talents. Belonging to the best research universities in Europe, the top 100 universities in the world and joining forces with prestigious partner universities and networks, the University of Groningen is truly an international place of knowledge.
Within the Faculty of Science and Engineering, the ALICE (Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Engineering) Institute conducts – among others – research in Robotics, covering the broad area of mechatronics (electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, control engineering, and system engineering).
The Undergraduate School of Science and Engineering has a vacancy for an Education Assistant who will support the lecturers of the Robotics Lab, where facilities for Bachelor/Master courses are present.
The duties of the Education Assistant include:
• instruct and supervise Bachelor/Master students who follow robotics courses and perform the related practical work
• advise and offer technical support to Bachelor/Master students during their (final) projects
• support in setting-up the practical work for the educational activities
• install and maintain the software facilities
• design and maintain robotics equipment for educational activities
• generate detailed technical documentation, manuals, and protocols for the software/hardware facilities
• interact with workshops, manufacturers, and suppliers for ordering new facilities/materials
• participate in the outreach activities.
The successful candidate should have:
• a Master’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or related engineering education
• experience in teaching and technical support
• experience with embedded software development in C/C++ and Linux
• experience with Python, ROS
• experience in the CAD design for manufacturing (PTC Creo, Solidworks, or equivalent)
• hands-on skills in designing/assembling/testing robotics platforms
• pro-active mindset and results-oriented attitude
• ability to work independently and flexible attitude towards cooperating with others
• cross-cultural sensitivity and strong communication skills
• enjoy working with young people of several educational backgrounds
• good communication skills and willingness to integrate with an international group.
Contract length: 12 months.The University of Groningen offers a salary dependent on qualifications and work experience with a minimum of € 2,709 (scale 9 Dutch Universities) up to a maximum of € 4,084 gross per month (scale 10) for a full-time position. This position is initially for one year. After a positive evaluation during the Result and Development Interview, an extension with another year is possible. For this position the following UFO job profile applies: Education/Research Officer 2.
Geef hieronder aan in welke omgeving je een vergelijkbare functie zoekt en ontvang nieuwe relevante vacatures in je mailbox.