... Office of the... ... University of... The University of Groningen is one of the top European research universities and is internationally oriented. The...
Office of the UniversityOrganisation
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen is one of the top European research universities and is internationally oriented. The university is socially active and feels involved in its environment. In a wide range of fields, researchers and teachers practice their profession within a scientific passion. At the University all personnel is facilitated to bring out the best in themselves. Talent, ambition and achievement of the 30,000 students and 5,500 employees will be honored where possible.
The vacancy is at the HR Advisory department. HR Advice consists of two clusters: HR Advice City Centre and HR Advice Zernike. The HR advisors work at both clusters, supported by HR assistants and secretaries for various faculties and services.
HR consultants have their own portfolio which rotates occasionally. We are looking for a new colleague who has affinity with the university world, has experience as an HR advisor in a complex organization and who loves to work in a political / strategic environment.
The clusters of the HR Advice department are part of the Human Resources department of the University of Groningen. In addition to HR Advice, the department also includes HR Innovation, HR Experts and HR Services.
As an HR advisor, you will work closely with the other advisors of the cluster and colleagues of the other HR departments.
You will be working in the heart of the city of Groningen, at the Faculty of Arts and at the University College Groningen. To get an impression of both workspaces please visit the following websites: https://www.rug.nl/let/ and https://www.rug.nl/ucg/
The HR advisor is considered to be an important sparring partner for management regarding personnel and organizational matters. The responsibilities will broadly include the following activities:
• providing advice and guidance to management and supervisors regarding HR related issues, e.g. HR policies and issues with a high degree of organizational complexity
• contributing to the development and implementation of HR tools
• supporting/coaching supervisors in managing the performance in their team
• initiating and elaborating policy proposals on HR themes within the faculties as well as translating RUG-wide policies more specific to faculty policies
• at the Faculty of Arts a change in the organization of the education is currently ongoing. This demands adaptability from our employees. As a senior HR advisor to this faculty, an important part of your task will be advising, guiding and supervising this trajectory
• there are many developmental challenges going on at the UCG. Therefore a proactive and curious HR advisor is needed
• the language of communication at the UCG is English.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and decisive professional with a completed HR program (HBO/WO) and at least 5 years of relevant work experience as HR advisor, preferably within a similar HR position who:
• has experience with complex strategic challenges
• enjoys and has experience with organizational and developmental processes and possesses the skills that are important in this respect, such as seniority, creativity, flexibility, drive and the ability to mutually look for new solutions
• can work independently and function in a team in a pleasant and stimulating way
• is capable of translating HR policy and instruments into the faculty context and casuistry at both operational, tactical and strategic level
• always has the right priorities at stake and being able to switch quickly at all levels
• has the following skills and competences: analytical ability, persuasiveness, decisiveness, empathy, good social skills, excellent communication skills and advisory skills, organizational sensitivity and a strategic vision
• has great communication skills both Dutch and English, written and verbally.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.