... Faculty of Science and... ... University of... Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a...
Faculty of Science and EngineeringOrganisation
University of Groningen
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines encourage currently more than 30,000 students and researchers to develop their individual talents. Belonging to the best research universities in Europe, the top 100 universities in the world and joining forces with prestigious partner universities and networks, the University of Groningen is truly an international place of knowledge.
Within the Faculty of Science and Engineering, the Engineering and Technology institute Groningen (ENTEG) covers a broad area of mechanical engineering, materials and production engineering, chemical engineering, biotechnology, and systems and control engineering. Researchers have a common design and development approach to the creation and manufacture of innovative products and production strategies.
You will create and chair a new research unit on Dynamics and Vibration. You will perform original research within this field of mechanical engineering. It is particularly encouraged that your research areas focus on a design and development approach to be utilized for possible applications in advanced instrumentation, smart factory, and other relevant application areas. As chair of the new group, you will supervise associate and assistant professors and researchers affiliated with the Chair in their teaching and research. You will acquire funding for research, in particular by bringing in new PhD candidates, developing new research collaborations and new application areas.
You will also lecture, supervise research projects and practical courses in the Master Mechanical Engineering education and will take a leading role in further developing this new curriculum. You also teach in other educational programmes such as the Bachelor and Master degree programmes in Industrial Management and Engineering and/or Applied Physics. You will act as the supervisor of PhD students, who are embedded in the Groningen Graduate School of Science and Engineering. We expect you to have an active interest and to provide a positive contribution to the management and organizational tasks of the institute.
• you have a PhD degree in relevant areas such as mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or materials engineering and have expert knowledge of developments in the mentioned research field
• you are an internationally recognized top-level researcher, confirmed by publications in top international journals and with leading academic publishers
• you have experience in leading a research group, have shown capabilities in stimulating junior researchers and providing adequate supervision of PhD students
• you have a relevant international network and a proven track record in securing research funding
• you have teaching and organizational experience appropriate to your career stage
• you have excellent academic writing and presentation skills (in English)
• you have affinity with research at the interface of academia and industry, and with working in multidisciplinary teams.
• a team player with good communications skills
• prepared to fulfil the requirements for the University Teaching Qualification
• willing to learn the Dutch language.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.