... Center for Information... ... University of... The University of Groningen is among the top European research universities and is internationally oriented....
Center for Information TechnologyOrganisation
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen is among the top European research universities and is internationally oriented. The university is socially active and is involved in its environment. In a wide range of fields, researchers and teachers practice their profession from a scientific passion. Everyone is enabled to get the best out of themselves. Talent, ambition and achievement of students and staff are stimulated as much as possible.
The use of (Big) Data has become increasingly important in all aspects of science and society. The board of the university wants to emphasize data, notably research data, as indicated in the Strategic Plan of the university. Currently access to existing data sources as well as support and expertise on research data is suboptimal and scattered within the university.
To coordinate the existing facilities and make them more visible, the Data Federation Hub (DFH) has been established within the University of Groningen (UG) and UMCG (www.rug.nl/dfh). The Data Federation Hub will be a shared brand, a unifying name in the area of research data management and data science for all research domains at the UG/UMCG. The ambition is to reach in the Northern Netherlands beyond UG/UMCG, notably towards private companies. The DFH will link and support the activities from existing initiatives. Among others by maintaining a searchable knowledge base and organizing meet-ups to share best practices.
Within this fantastic playground we have a vacancy for a Trailblazer Data Federation Hub.
The trailblazer Data Federation Hub will be the key person in organizing the DFH in the first year and creating a viable organization for the following years.
You will be responsible for:
• organizing the internal cooperation of all parties within the DFH, creating the organization to cooperate, integrating parties in the DFH, formalizing agreements where needed
• creating the brand ‘Data Federation Hub’ internally and externally and developing the material to do so: website, folders etc.
• operationalizing the meetups and catalogues for data sources, infrastructure, expertise and training
• creating a business plan how to support research data management for the next 3 years (organization, financing, governance). The business plan will also describe the commercial possibilities like participation in national and international consortia, funding by government and local business communities.
You will be part of existing teams on research data management, notably Research and Innovation Support at the Center for Information Technology (CIT), the Research Data Office and Research IT at the UMCG. You will be based at the CIT.
• management experience in an academic research environment
• proven working experience in maintaining coherence, coordination and integration of stakeholder wishes
• proven working experience in organizing, establishing and maintaining interpersonal relations with different stakeholders
• confident communicator, able to relate to people on all levels
• fluent in Dutch and English
• organizing ICT services based on SLA’s
• creating business plans with support inside and outside of an organization.
• networking, organizing on board, management and project levels
• starter, pioneer, making a startup viable
• managing for results
• binding leadership and outreach
• ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, targets and KPI’s.
Contract length: 12 months.The University of Groningen offers a salary dependent on qualifications and experience up to € 4,757 (scale 11, CAO-NU Dutch Universities) gross per month for a fulltime appointment. It is a position for a period of one year. The UFO profile Projectmanager 4 is applicable.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.