... Departments of Radiation Oncology and Cell... ... The University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG) offers an excellent working environment for biomedical research and high quality scientific training. The...
Departments of Radiation Oncology and Cell BiologyWerkomgeving
The University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG) offers an excellent working environment for biomedical research and high quality scientific training. The technician will be part of the Dept. of Radiation Oncology at the UMCG, while working within the Dept. of Cell Biology. This is a full-time position (1.0 fte) in the group of Prof. Dr. Rob P. Coppes, whose research group is investigating side effects of radiation therapy, with a particular focus on stem cells and the use of patient derived organoids for tissue regeneration and prediction of response to radiotherapy.
The technician will be required to work in close collaboration with members of the group, supports MSc and PhD students and will carry out a range of tasks involving both in vivo animal studies and the analysis of the results, such as organ function measurements (salivary gland, thyroid gland, heart, lung and brain), immunohistochemistry and high-level microscopy.
The responsibilities/duties of the post-holder will be:
- Run the microscopy and immunohistochemistry lab
- Prepare, execute, develop and document laboratory experiments
- Perform micro-surgery and other in vivo techniques
- Analyse and interpret the data acquired
- Provide assistance/training to students
- Strong attention to detail, and excellent organisational skills
- Show enthusiasm for the research project and take initiative
- Work both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent communicative skills
Candidates should have an HLO degree or related, hold article 9 or 12. Must be willing to work in a small animal-related research environment. Research interest in histopathology, imaging and stem cell biology. Knowledge of a wide range of laboratory techniques.
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Behaviour’ is required.
The maximum gross salary is € 3.391,- per month (based on 1.0 fte, scale 7-8, depending on experience). The appointment is initially for 1 year, but could lead to a permanent position. In addition, the UMCG offers 8% holiday pay, an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and a development budget. The terms of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centres (CAO-UMC).
For more information about this position please contact:
- Prof. Dr. Rob P. Coppes, head of the Radiation Biology lab at the Depts. of Radiotherapy and Cell Biology, e-mail: email@example.com, telephone: +31 (0)50 3616124
- Ing. Jeanette Brunsting, lab manager Dept. of Cell Biology, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: +31 (0)50 3616122 (please do not use e-mailadresses for applications)
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.