... Research... ... The University Medical Center in Groningen (UMCG) combines research and clinical practice, but also aims at creating social and economic added value from education and research. The UMCG...
The University Medical Center in Groningen (UMCG) combines research and clinical practice, but also aims at creating social and economic added value from education and research. The UMCG Grant Support Hub supports researchers in this aspect by finding and informing about the ideal funding opportunity for their research and subsequently support them in the application process according to the UMCG funding strategy.Functiebeschrijving
The project manager will work in close collaboration with the other project office members and researchers/clinicians within the UMCG. The function contains two main tasks. Primary, to pro-actively inform researchers about suitable funding opportunities, conduct intake meetings and organize workshops. Secondary, to provide hands-on support in managing the application process of medium to largescale international research projects. In many instances this would require the successful candidate to work on several and separate projects simultaneously. The applicant will have close contact with researchers and clinicians at the UMCG, informing about funding opportunities and organizing/conducting (funding) support.
The hands-on support during a funding application involves the entire process from identifying the most promising funding opportunities, bringing together and coordinating the consortium with the researcher, advising on the structure of the application, the (partial) writing of ' draft ' research proposals, drafting the budget and submitting the proposals. Most of the applications are made within the funding programs of NWO, ZonMw, STW, ERDF/SNN, Erasmus + and Horizon 2020.
In summary, the function includes the following activities:
- Proactively informing researchers about suitable funding opportunities
- Conducting intake meetings with applicants, informing about funding possibilities and support processes
- Updating and maintaining the internal database of applicants and funding opportunities
- Support in giving funding scans to individual researchers and teams
- Support in giving workshops on funding opportunities and grant writing/editing
- Writing project plans and (grant) applications, including time planning, solution directions, risk inventory and budget
- Planning and coordinating the application process with all parties involved
- Project management, including budget monitoring, collaboration, PR, reporting and monitoring of progress, monitoring of in-and external developments and shaping the accompanying documentation
- Building and maintaining a network at the UMCG, relevant (policy) departments, relevant companies and funding agencies
- Education minimal at Master level (academic working and thinking level required)
- Demonstrable good writing skills (e.g. in drafting project proposals and business plans)
- Experience in coordinating, preparing, supporting and evaluating multidisciplinary (scientific) projects
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Service oriented working attitude and interpersonal skills
- Competences: driven, energetic, judge independently, result-oriented, proactive, multitasking, flexible, stress-resistant and enjoy working in a team
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written, Dutch knowledge is a plus
- At least three years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of and experience with regional, national and European grant applications (including ERDF/SNN, NWO, ZonMw, EU tenders) preferably in the field of biomedicine or life sciences
- Consulting experience with a public organization and/or a private (consultancy) organization/agency, preferably advising researchers on the preparation and submission of (subsidy) applications is a plus
We offer you a challenging work environment in which you will have the opportunity to increase your knowledge, develop your skills and expand your network
Location: Research B.V., Hanzeplein 1, Groningen
Grant Support Hub, De Brug, onderzoeksbeleid, room 7.026, Anthonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen.
Employment: Appointment for the duration of 1 year, after which renewal of the appointment or a fixed contract are possible.
Hours per week: 36 hours a week
Scale division: Project manager, scale 10 (up to € 4.216,- gross per month) based on a fulltime employment and depending on relevant experience. The working conditions are in accordance with the Cao University medical centres (Cao-UMC), including 8% holiday surcharge, 8.3%-year allowance and a budget for development.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.