... University of Groningen... ... University of... The University of Groningen (UG) is an internationally oriented university that ranks among the top European...
University of Groningen LibraryOrganisation
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen (UG) is an internationally oriented university that ranks among the top European research universities. Committed to its environment, the UG plays an active role in society. Researchers and lecturers across a wide range of disciplines are passionate about their work and are granted the opportunity to fulfil their potential. The UG strives to reward the talents, ambitions and achievements of its 30,000 students and 6,000 staff members.
The University of Groningen Library (UL) service portfolio ranges from providing access to electronic and paper collections, to research support (e.g. on research data management, research analytics and open access publishing) and education support. We offer our services in close cooperation with the UG’s teaching and research staff.
Endorsing the idea of open science, the UG is going to establish an Office for Scholarly Communication (OSC), starting on 1 January 2018. Working from the Department of Education and Research Support at the UL you will play a pivotal role in shaping the prospective OSC, further developing services around publication strategies, open access and open science. You will do so in a team of dedicated academic information specialists from the UL, in close cooperation with other research support services within the UG and the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG). You will be in touch with faculty research directors and coordinators, with policymakers as well as individual researchers. The open access specialist will cooperate closely with our specialists in research data management, Pure and research impact analysis.
In this job you will be responsible for
- the development and consolidation of the UL’s services concerning publication strategies and open access
- managing the ‘Office for Scholarly Communication’ project during the project phase
- coordinating the OSC once the project is completed
- establishing cooperation with other UG and UL departments concerning open access and open science
- policy preparation and advice on open access and open science for the UL’s management team, the Board of the UG and other policymakers and involved parties
- policy implementation
- advocating open science and open access
- attending conferences, presenting and publishing on open access and open science
- representing the UG or UL in local, national and international open access communities and networks.
- an academic degree, preferably at PhD level
- outgoing, enterprising and convincing, with the ability to bring people together and win them over
- several years of experience with research or research support
- proven experience with academic publishing and an understanding of scientific communication, with an emphasis on open access publishing
- knowledge of funder policies and requirements for open access publishing
- an understanding of research impact
- familiarity with copyright law
- ability to work independently and in a team
- project management skills
- excellent communication and consultancy skills
- fluency in English and Dutch, both oral and written, or the willingness to improve in Dutch.
Contract length: 24 months.The University of Groningen offers a salary ranging from a minimum of € 2,588 (scale 10 Dutch Universities) to a maximum of € 4,757 (scale 11) for a full-time position, depending on experience. The UFO profile of this position is Scientific Information Specialist 1. The initial appointment will be for two years, but can be extended for an indefinite period after a positive appraisal at 18 months.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.