Office of the UniversityOrganisation
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen is an organization with over 5,500 staff members and 30,000 students. It has had strong roots in the north of the Netherlands for centuries, is socially active and very involved in its surroundings. It ranks among the best research universities in Europe and has an international focus.
The Health, Safety and Sustainability department (AMD) is the internal certified health and safety department of the University of Groningen. All the relevant disciplines in the fields of safety, radiation safety, biological safety, occupational hygiene, sustainability, occupational health, labour and organization and staff welfare are represented within the department. The AMD functions as the central service point for requesting permits at both company and research levels.
The safety officer/occupational hygienist will work closely with a highly qualified safety expert. Together with this safety expert, you will coordinate relevant activities with environmental experts, the radiation protection unit, the biological safety officer and the occupational physicians. You will also be a member of the standby staff.
The safety officer/occupational hygienist will contribute to a healthy, safe and sustainable climate for all UG staff and students.
• developing and updating university health and safety policy with others
• providing advice and information about internal and legal requirements, including implementation
• drawing up, supervising and testing risk inventories and evaluations (RI&E)
• providing information and advice about working conditions
• coaching and advising Health, Safety & Environment coordinators/prevention officers
• providing advice and information about the calamity plans
• implementing/supervising occupational hygiene investigations of, for example, the indoor environment, exposure to hazardous substances and noise pollution
• advising on specific occupational hygiene topics
• collaborating with key experts within the AMD
• requesting integrated environmental permits
• participating in internal and external discussion fora.
- relevant university qualifications
- completed higher safety expert qualification and/or occupational hygiene qualification
- certification as key expert is considered an advantage
- several years experience as safety expert/occupational hygienist
- good written and advisory skills
- good command of both written and spoken English and Dutch
- customer-oriented, results-oriented and a team player.
Geef hieronder aan in welke omgeving je een vergelijkbare functie zoekt en ontvang nieuwe relevante vacatures in je mailbox.