Vacaturenummerv17.0014Omvang0.8 FTEOrganisatieHanzehogeschool GroningenAfdelingInternational Business...
In order to prepare business professionals with a global mindset, who are ready to add value to business and...
International Business School
In order to prepare business professionals with a global mindset, who are ready to add value to business and society the International Business School (IBS) offers the following English taught programs:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in International Business & Management
- International Business and Management Studies (IBMS), 3 and 4 year bachelor programs
- Internationale Betriebswirtschaft, a 3 year bachelor program which is also taught in German
With over 1,500 students from all over the world and over 100 employees with relevant international experience, the most noticeable characteristic of IBS is its international atmosphere. The 70+ nationalities contribute to an open-minded and culturally diverse setting throughout our entire school. The language of communication within IBS is English.
As a result of national debates to reduce diversity in economic programs our IBMS program is planned to merge with the bachelor program International Business and Languages (IBL), currently taught at Hanze’s Institute of Marketing Management. This transition is planned for September 2018. With this shift, also the Hanze Language Center will come to IBS. This will open opportunities to broaden and strengthen our language teaching and further make it available Hanze wide.
The new Head of Education will be responsible for year 2 of the bachelor programs with special focus on the planned transition and further development of the Hanze Language Center.
The Head of Education reports to the Dean of IBS and is a member of the Management Team.Your profile
You are an experienced team manager who can help strengthen the continuous improvement effort of our education and lead change processes resulting in the required development of IBS. You manage effectively and in a structured way and can use different styles of behaviour and skills depending on what is needed. To achieve the required results in time you are able to work transparently and under pressure. Therefore you have excellent planning, monitoring and execution skills. Furthermore you are an open minded and independent team player who appreciates and values cultural diversity. Job content
As a Head of Education you will be responsible for effective management of one of the educational teams. It’s your main goal to uphold and continuously improve the quality, execution, evaluation and adjustment (PDCA) of education. Operational excellence is always your aim. You inspire, motivate and facilitate faculty to work on professional as well as personal development in order to contribute to the quality of IBS programs.
Next to this, as a member of the IBS’ Management Team, you contribute pro-actively to the development and execution of IBS’ strategy and policy.Requirements and competences
- Academic background: Master/ PhD;
- 2+ years’ experience in coaching a team in a changing environment, preferably within an educational environment;
- strong and modern management skills and style flexibility;
- able to work simultaneously on hard (i.e. procedures) and soft (i.e. cultural) aspects;
- experience in working in an international environment and managing cultural differences;
- strong interpersonal and communication skills and excellent command of the English language both written and spoken;
- broad knowledge and insight in the current situation and developments of Dutch professional higher education and applied research, curriculum development processes and quality management.Conditions of Employment
Starting date is as soon as possible. It concerns a temporary position for a period of one year with the possibility to extend the contract. Appointment takes place according to the conditions stated in the legal provision of the CAO-hbo. The function scale is 12; the position is educational team leader A. The salary will amount to a gross minimum of € 3,940. = and a gross maximum of € 5,301. = per month based on a full time position.
An assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
A certificate of good conduct is required. You will get reimbursed for the fee by Hanze University.
Additional information concerning this position can be obtained from Mr. drs. Bram ten Kate, Dean of the International Business School, at telephone number +31 (0) 62 95 54 266.
Should you have any questions using the digital application form, please contact HR Recruitment, telephone number + 31 (0)50-595 7505.
This vacancy has an external status.
We do not appreciate acquisition in reference to this advertisement.