... Faculty of Science and... ... University of... The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) is home to a wide range of disciplines and research fields....
Faculty of Science and EngineeringOrganisation
University of Groningen
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) is home to a wide range of disciplines and research fields. The research and teaching programmes vary from nanomaterials and biomachines to astronomy, from mathematics to pharmacy, from neurosciences to computing science, and from molecular and evolutionary biology to marine biology.
Our researchers concentrate on fundamental issues, usually in close cooperation with national and international partners from other academic institutions, industry, the medical world and other social fields. The faculty facilitates teaching and research that can measure up to the highest international standards. The faculty board has the final responsibility for the multitude of activities designed to achieve this.
The Business Development Manager will develop and implement faculty policies with regard to research collaboration with external (inter)national industry, acquisition and valorisation and coordinate collaborations between the faculty’s research institutes and external parties. Your main tasks will be:
Prospect industry partners
• develop and implement an ongoing strategy for the identification, prospecting and stewardship of external industry partners that will lead to collaboration with the faculty’s research institutes
• proactively target and approach companies where there is high potential for funded research
• organize meetings and events to promote FSE research capability and interaction with potential partners together with the faculty’s research institutes
• respond to requests for information on research capabilities from industry and the university’s network (including co-op, advancement, international etc.).
Obtain and leverage industry funding
• secure industry in-cash and in-kind contributions, including necessary overhead
• identify research programmes or project opportunities and support the development of funding proposals
• cultivate an awareness with regard to international and national government granting programmes, in particular those that require industry participation
• coordinate the participation of industry partners in the proposal preparation process, to aid in leveraging industry sponsored funding and helping to cultivate and secure partnership agreements
• initiate negotiation of the terms and conditions of industrial research grants and contracts
• work with the faculty’s research institutes, Northern Knowledge and Center for Development and Innovation (CDI/UMCG), business developers and research partnership managers to secure Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs).
Manage corporate partnerships and industry outreach programme(s)
• promote the research projects that are carried out within FSE to external organization
• maintain active contact with FSE’s research institutes and researchers
• follow up leads identified by the faculty’s research institutes
• identify areas of research with potential to translate to industry/and or society
• use tailor made research approaches for strategic business development (case by case basis)
• organize match-making conferences/seminars with parties from industry
• coordinate and deliver, as needed, presentations to faculty, corporations, government and industry
• seek non-traditional funding sources, e.g. regional funding from provinces
• work with Northern Knowledge for corporate partnerships to implement effective partnering strategies for enhancing FSE’s research profile in the private sector.
• master degree or higher in Business, Science or Engineering Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5 years or more of experience in business development or technology management
• knowledge of international and national R&D funding agency programmes and policies
• ability to follow technical discussions related to research, and to identify appropriate faculty members in respect of industry interests
• ability to adapt to the complex and changing university, industry and government environments
• highly proficient in spoken and written Dutch and English
• direct experience in a university technology transfer or industry liaison role would be an asset
• domestic and international travel.
Competences: excellent customer relations skills, environment orientation, organisational sensitivity, networking skills, entrepreneurship, persuasiveness, planning and organising, proven ability of negotiating contracts and agreements, outstanding oral and written communication skills including presentation skills.
Contract length: 12 months.The University of Groningen is offering a maximum salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, of € 5,513 gross per month for a full-time position (scale 12 in the Collective Labour Agreement (cao) for Dutch Universities). The UFO profile External Collaboration Coordinator 3 applies to the position.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.