Groningen | Groningen | Fulltime (startersfunctie)
Faculty of Economics and BusinessOrganisation
University of Groningen
The Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) has approximately 6,500 students and 650 staff members who form an informal, personal and inspiring academic community. 20% of our students and 25% of our staff are international. FEB provides an ambitious, open and dynamic working environment and encourages its staff members to innovate. The Faculty is AACSB and EQUIS accredited and is thus among the top 1% of business schools worldwide.
The Department of Marketing, International Affairs and Communications (MIC) of FEB supports and advises the Faculty Board, the programme directors and the departmental heads on developing and improving the positioning of FEB’s education and research for national and international target groups. MIC has approximately 20 members of staff and provides support in such areas as internationalisation, (international) marketing and recruitment, internal and external communication, video production, event organisation and research communication. The Department is part of Education and Communication Services (ECS), which also includes teams such as the Exchange Office, the Student Administration Office, Study Advice, Facilities team and Educational Quality.
This vacancy is due to our stronger focus on online marketing. The new officer develops and implements a new online marketing policy for FEB, within the framework of the recruitment policy and strategy of the University of Groningen and of FEB. The new officer works on student recruitment: increasing our diversity of high quality international students in FEB’s degree programmes. Besides this, the officer works on improving our external visibility and positioning of our business school UGBS and our faculty in general. This means that the officer is involved in the positioning of FEB and of the University. The officer has a distinct international and intercultural perspective and is able to independently lead projects (2-4 project members, mainly from the ECS department), for example in the field of (digital) marketing campaigns or branding. The officer can also be deployed as project leader for ECS-wide projects. Within the University of Groningen, cooperation in the field of international and online marketing between different organisational units (beyond just FEB) is increasing. The officer should be able to represent FEB in University-wide consultative committees and projects.
The officer is expected to work in a results-oriented way and in harmony with clients, colleagues and project teams. The officer will report to the head of the MIC department (also Head of ECS).
The following skills, abilities and qualifications are required:
- university level, Dutch HBO or bachelor’s degree; preferably trained in the field of marketing (bachelor’s or master’s degree)
- over 2 years relevant work experience and expertise in the field of online marketing (website, online campaigns, webinars, follow up, funnel, new media, key messages, online advertising)
- experience with SEO, SEM, Google AdWords, social media marketing, email marketing. Experience with managing digital marketing activities
- working knowledge of monitoring tools and digital analytics tools (particularly Google Analytics)
- experience in making analyses and reports on online marketing activities (ROI, KPIs)
- affinity with the area of Economics and Business
- demonstrable experience in working on a project basis and leading projects
- excellent proficiency in English language
- good team worker with a results-oriented and creative attitude and excellent communication and collaboration skills (including intercultural skills)
- strong analytical skills and data driven thinking
- a conceptual thinker and ‘do-er’.
Since FEB aims to further develop into a truly international organisation, we especially invite international candidates, or candidates with significant relevant international experience to apply.
Contract length: 12 months.The University of Groningen offers, depending on qualifications and experience, a gross monthly salary between 3,722 Euro (scale 9) and 4,166 (scale 10) based on a full time position, excluding an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3 % end of year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees (http://VSNU.nl The initial appointment is for one year, with the possibility of extension, depending on performance and organisational developments.
Geef hieronder aan in welke omgeving je een vergelijkbare functie zoekt en ontvang nieuwe relevante vacatures in je mailbox.