... Faculty of... ... University of... The Faculty of Arts of the University of Groningen is a large, dynamic faculty in the heart of the city of Groningen. It has...
Faculty of ArtsOrganisation
University of Groningen
The Faculty of Arts of the University of Groningen is a large, dynamic faculty in the heart of the city of Groningen. It has more than 5000 students and 700 staff members, who are working at the frontiers of knowledge every day. The Faculty offers a wide range of degree programmes: 16 Bachelor's (BA) programmes and over 40 Master's (MA) specializations. Our research, which is internationally widely acclaimed, covers the following fields: Archaeology, Cultural Studies, History, International Relations, Journalism, Language and Literary Studies, and Linguistics.Job description
The Faculty of Arts is seeking an Assistant Professor in the area of Digital Humanities and Information Science (60% teaching, 40% research) for a period of five years. The candidate will contribute to the Bachelor and Master programmes in both Digital Humanities and Information Science. The Digital Humanities master-track has a broad humanities focus, while the Information Science programmes focus on Language Technology, Web Technology and Computer communication. We are therefore looking for an experienced researcher in the areas of Digital Humanities, Language Technology, Web Technology, and/or Human Computer Communication.
The research will be embedded in the Centre for Digital Humanities and the Groningen Center for Language and Cognition (CLCG) research institute.
- teaching course units in the field of Digital Humanities, Human Computer Communication, Language Technology and Web Technology, within the aforementioned Bachelor and Master programmes
- conducting research at a recognized level in one or more of the above-mentioned fields
- external grant acquisition
- supervising Bachelor's and Master's theses in the above-mentioned fields.
In addition to a number of basic requirements set by the University of Groningen, such as excellent social and communication skills, presentation skills, coaching skills and a results-oriented attitude, we are looking for a candidate who has a PhD in the field of Information Science, Language Technology, Computational Linguistics, Digital Humanities, Artificial Intelligence or a related field and,
in the area of teaching:
- has academic teaching experience at various levels
- is willing to work in an interdisciplinary teaching environment
- has gained the University Teaching Qualification or is prepared to do so within a year
- is an excellent teacher, as demonstrated by positive teaching evaluations
- is able to make concrete contributions to the development of course units, partly by actively linking teaching to research
- within 2 years non-Dutch candidates need to have knowledge of Dutch to at least CEFR B2 level (for reading and listening); Dutch candidates need to have a sufficient knowledge of English (CEFR B2/C1 level for reading, listening, writing, speaking). The University provides language courses in Dutch and English.
in the area of research:
- is the author of at least two peer-reviewed international publications every year
- is able to set up his or her own research line and publish within it, dovetailing with the profile of Digital Humanities and/or the CLCG research institute
- has international experience and an international network.
Contract length: 60 months.The University of Groningen is offering a salary based on qualifications and experience of between € 3,475 (scale 11 cao Dutch Universities) and € 5,405 (scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position, plus 8% holiday allowance and an annual end-of-year bonus of 8.3%. For more detailed information about working conditions and working for the University of Groningen, please check: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.