... University of... ... Office of the... The University of Groningen is currently ranked 75th in the world in the Times Higher Education World rankings with an...
University of Groningen
Office of the University
The University of Groningen is currently ranked 75th in the world in the Times Higher Education World rankings with an internationally oriented education and research focus. We have a strong international reputation and collaborations between researchers on the frontiers of knowledge take place within extensive networks, affirming our strong, worldwide reputation. Chosen as one of the happiest cities in Europe, Groningen enjoys a bustling reputation with several international cultural events and a vibrant, youthful population.
Overview: Following the publication of a new University Strategic Plan with an aim to intensify the international nature of our academic community through growth and diversification, the University is looking to expand its International Strategy & Relations team.
The role of Policy Advisor (0.5 fte), International Strategy & Relations has a diverse range of responsibilities and operates as a key member of the Department of International Strategy & Relations.
Key accountabilities/Primary responsibilities
• to coordinate all aspects of the UG’s engagement with the Key Action 2 & Key Action 3 projects under the Erasmus+ programme
• liaise and communicate with Erasmus + Institutional Coordinator as well as interested internal stakeholders within the Office of the University and university-wide
• liaise and communicate with Erasmus + external stakeholders such as EACEA and EP-Nuffic
• maintain knowledge of Erasmus + policies and procedures and to communicate these within the UG community
• coordination of the UG’s engagement with Erasmus Mundus Action 2 projects
• to work closely and effectively with colleagues within the University of Groningen to ensure quality delivery of the required monitoring and reporting around Erasmus Mundus
• to coordinate, develop and implement the ISR Event Calendar
• act as the ISR policy advisor for a particular region, as determined by the Head of ISR
• to assess, maintain and develop the university’s engagement with their region of responsibility
• develop strong and effective relationships within the University, with particular reference to Office of the University and Faculty colleagues
• to work effectively within the overall ISR team and to provide support for their colleagues as appropriate
• to represent the department and the University of Groningen at various internal, national and international conferences and other settings
• undertake the duties of the position and deal with staff, students and the wider community in a way that demonstrates a commitment to the University’s values, policies and procedures.
• demonstrated experience within a higher education environment, with particular reference to International Relations, along with a strong understanding of the international education sector in the Netherlands and globally
• well-developed diagnostic, analytical and conceptual skills to identify and drive creative solutions to specific problems and the ability to implement these strategies
• strong results oriented focus coupled with the capacity and willingness to actively contribute to the shaping of university policy and procedures
• excellent interpersonal communication and relationship building skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with a range of people across and external to the University and in a wide range of cultural and communicative contexts
• sophisticated cross cultural understanding and awareness and demonstrated ability to work within and represent an organisation in diverse countries, and to deliver outcomes to the satisfaction of internal and international stakeholders
• demonstrated awareness of broad internationalisation issues in the context of higher education
• experience in a policy advising environment.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.
The University fo Groningen offers a salary depending on knowledge and experience to a maximum of € 4,028 gross per month at a fulltime position (scale 10 salary scale Dutch Universities). An appointment for a year is offered. Within this year an evaluation will take place to decide to what extent the appointment can be extended. Application You may apply for this position until 9 March / before 10 March 2017 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website). Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Maximum salary: 4028.
For additional information, please contact:
In your application, please always include the job opening ID T015217
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.